Repairing and Maintaining Your Roofing Structure
Whether you are in Dallas, Fort Worth, or somewhere in between the two major cities, you are going to experience storms. Being from this area, we understand that owning a property of any kind is a big risk because of those storms. Texas is one of a handful of states to experience high winds, torrential downpours, and the almost always devastating hail. If there is ever a combination of the three, which there have been a few cases, your home or office space is at serious risk for damage. If you are concerned about the condition of your roof after a storm, contact JPAUL ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION. We provide the necessary and reliable repair services you need. Connect with us today, 469-562-1990, for leaking roof repair in richardson, TX.
When You Are Dealing with a Roof Leak
No one wants to find a leak in their home. Not in the bathroom, not in the kitchen, but especially not on their roof. Roof leaks commonly occur because of storm damage that isn’t found and repaired in a timely manner. Hail can fall with incredible force, causing severe and serious damage to your home. What makes things difficult is that some hail damage can be hard to identify. That’s why so many homeowners go without roof inspections or roof repairs after a storm. They don’t see any obvious signs of damage and assume everything is fine when the reality is it may not be. If you think you are experiencing a roof leak in your home, there are several signs to look for.
Signs You Have a Leak
- Water Stains: An obvious, though sometimes easily missed, sign of a roof leak is a water stain. This could be on the ceiling or somewhere towards the top of one of your interior walls. Pay attention for discoloration on your ceilings, but also look for spots that may be bubbling, peeling, or visibly damp. They are also indicators of a leaking roof.
- Dripping: Another more obvious sign of a roof leak is the notorious drip. It could be due to a hole in the roof, but it could also be intermittent with freezing snow and ice. In either case, it’s important to have it checked and repaired as soon as possible.
- Exterior Water Spots: More often than not, we look for leaks inside the home, but don’t forget to check the exterior as well. Take a look at the place just under the last layer of shingles. If you are seeing visible water spots and water damage, there is likely a leak.
- Growths: A very clear sign of a roof leak is growths. Mold and mildew grow where there is water, which means if your walls or your shingles are starting to sprout, you have a leak. On roofs, this can look like black spots.
- Missing Shingles: Missing shingles or bald spots on your roof could be an indication of a roof leak. When the shingles on your roof become damaged or old, they are less effective at protecting the decking. More importantly, they are less effective at keeping water out. So when you see missing shingles, granules in your gutters, or other signs like this, call out to a roofing contractor.
After a storm is the best time to schedule a roof inspection. While it may not seem like anything is actually wrong with your roof, there could be underlying or hard-to-see damages that a professional contractor can find. In some cases, it may not be the roof that is causing the leak, but rather rusted flashing or a damaged gutter. A roofing contractor with JPAUL ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION can help find any possible damage and provide reliable roof leak repair services.
What Causes a Roof Leak
There are many things that can cause a roof leak. The most common culprit behind roof damage and roof leaks are usually wind and hail, but there are other factors as well.
- Hail Damage: Here in Texas, possibly the number one cause of roof leaks is actually hail damage. Hail can pack a hefty punch, removing granules, breaking shingles, and just generally causing significant damage.
- Wind Damage: The wind can be just as impactful as something like hail. When gusts get up into the 70 and 80 mph range, your roof can suffer. Loose shingles can be blown off, others can be ripped and torn.
- Old Age: The simple truth is, the older a roof is, the less effective it will be. Older shingles, seams, and flashing will not be able to withstand heavy winds, downpours, and excessive hail.
- Improper Installation: One thing that may not always be acknowledged is the fact that a poorly installed roof can result in leaks. In fact, it can result in multiple leaks which would require the need for multiple, expensive repairs.
Though there can be several causes for a roof leak, there is really only one thing you can do when you do find a problem. Contact JPAUL ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION for assistance. We can provide residential roof repairs as well as emergency services if the problem is severe.
Connect With Us Today for an Appointment
When you need dependable roof repair services for your property, only trust JPAUL ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION. Rely on us when you need leaking roof repair in richardson, TX. Dial 469-562-1990 to get started.