What flooring should I choose?
When you are remodeling, choosing your flooring requires more than just looking for something that’s attractive. You’re going to have to consider multiple issues including costs and durability, as well as whether you have pets or the flooring is going to be installed in a high moisture area. You might want to install concrete or tile in a high-moisture area like your bathroom or if you have pets that could scratch up a hardwood floor. If this is a do-it-yourself project, laminate flooring can save you time and money, and is easy to install. There are also several types of flooring available to choose from that include:
- Hardwood: This is very durable and often chosen for its strong aesthetic appeal as it provides a timeless look. It is available either as solid hardwood or engineered and in a variety of wood types like red oak, cherry or maple.
- Laminate: Can be made to look like other types of flooring. It’s easy to install and is scratch-resistant, noise resistant, and waterproof.
- Vinyl: Available in a variety of styles, it comes in planks and sheets. It is waterproof and scratch-resistant.
- Tile: A large variety of floor tiles are available ranging from ceramic and porcelain to natural stone. It is waterproof and excellent in areas where moisture is an issue.
If you are planning on installing flooring, fencing or need other services in Richardson, TX, look to the construction and roofing experts at JPAUL ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION. Get an estimate or book a service by calling 469-562-1990.
What is the most durable type of flooring?
Along with being very attractive, hardwood flooring is also some of the most durable available on the market today. With proper maintenance, it can last for decades. It can be susceptible to scratches, however, so pets and footwear like high-heel shoes should be kept off it. Place rugs over high traffic areas. If you have pets but want hardwood floors, you might want to consider engineered hardwood which is much more scratch resistant and requires less maintenance.
What is the best low maintenance flooring?
If you’re looking for low maintenance flooring some of the best types include:
- Engineered hardwood: This is much more scratch-resistant than regular hardwood and just needs to be swept or dry-mopped weekly for upkeep.
- Ceramic tile: A hard and durable type of tile that is scratch- and stain-resistant, and easily cleaned with water.
- Vinyl tile: Another durable type of flooring that just needs to be swept regularly for upkeep.
What flooring is best for basement?
Because basements tend to be damp, you’re going to have to select your flooring carefully. You won’t, for instance, be able to put in hardwood floors. The best flooring for basements is below grade, which simply means it can be used below ground level. Keeping this in mind you still have plenty of options, as long as the flooring is:
- Made of a hard material
- Made of a material that resistant to mold and mildew
- Made of a monolithic material that goes down in a single layer and dries quickly
Materials like carpet tiles and ceramic tiles are generally good for basements, as is epoxy-sealed cement.
Flooring when you have pets
When you have cats and dogs, your flooring is going to have to be durable. It will need to stand up to scratches and spills as well as urine or feces. You’ll also have to clean up lots of hair. Some of the best options when you have pets include tile and stone as well as cork, engineered hardwood, and vinyl flooring.
Can flooring be used on walls?
If flooring looks good on the ground, why not put it on the walls? While most flooring isn’t designed to go on walls, you can install laminate flooring on your walls. In fact, it’s become trendy to put it on walls. It can fit most interior designs, it’s inexpensive, and easy to install.
Is wooden flooring better than laminate?
If you are looking to install hardwood flooring, you might want to consider laminate as an option, especially if you are on a tight budget. Laminate can give you the look and even feel of hardwood but is often much cheaper and easier to install. You’re also going to find that laminate is water- and stain-resistant, so it’s much easier to take care of. That said, hardwood flooring is also much more durable than laminate, especially if you are looking for a material that will last you a lifetime.
What is better laminate or vinyl plank flooring?
When looking for an alternative to hardwood floors, you might want to consider either a laminate or vinyl floor. Both types of floors are durable and much easier to maintain than hardwood. Comparing the two can be difficult because they are so similar. Laminate is much more susceptible to scratching than vinyl but vinyl can get torn if heavy objects are dragged over it. Vinyl, however, is much more water-resistant than laminate so would work well in areas where moisture might build up. Vinyl can also be cleaned with water, whereas laminate requires special cleansers or a steam mop. Laminate, though, will be less prone to fading.
Who installs flooring near me?
When you need flooring experts in Richardson, TX, you can always turn to the professionals at JPAUL ROOFING AND CONSTRUCTION. We provide a wide range of flooring solutions and can help you select the right flooring for your home. Give us a call at 469-562-1990 to find out more or get an estimate.